Thursday, November 6, 2008

Session 4- SMART targets

On today's session we were asked to work in group of two to set and put down our academic, personal and general targets. My partner that I worked with was Mark Hatton. We had to find out each others targets and fill a questionnaire then send it to our tutor to assess.
This exercise was quite difficult for me to do but it helped me to think about my future. I think the targets and plans could be changed according to the situation I will be in life but overall idea will be the same.
I know it is important to have a SMART targets because without the idea what we want to do in life we will not achieve anything ' if you don't know to which harbour you want to get, don't count on helpful winds'.
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfc945x_1gt9qr6fj

The next part of the session was to finish tasks 9 and 10 that were related to the exercise that we did previously. I had to explain in details which kind of job would be my dream job in 5 years time. I was asked to imagine myself in that position. To talk about my responsibilities and my role, would I be in managerial position or do for below somebody. I had to think about people I will work with, who are they and what's their role.
I put myself as a manager of my own motel in Poland, working together with my brother as a partnership. We employ very few people but all of them know their role and they are very happy and friendly people because this is the most important, I think. Open mind and heart are the key.
This type of exercise is important and useful as it forces me to think about myself and my plans. Of course I was thinking about that in the past but I have never written it down and this is the key to success. To be honest when I have done this work I started thinking about my motel more seriously. I have thought about the way I want to do it and when. I needed this booster to do something.
I am very happy from this subject(MOD). It helps me in personal improvement and gives me an idea about myself.

No comments: