Thursday, November 27, 2008

Session 6 CV

Mr Andy Gilman from Ministry of Defence had visited us at the lesson, making a presentation how to behave at the interview. He gave us handouts and showed some practical examples what to do and how not to behave.
This visit was very good and useful. He presented to us a real good and bad covering letter as well as the interview itself. Although I knew most of the tips that he gave us, this session was very helpful.
I know now how to behave , that body language speaks for me and my answers have to be related to the subject. Very useful tip for me was to behave naturally and without stress as it can ruin everything. very important is preparation for the interview(which I didn't know) and quick research about the company. I was surprised when he told us that even while we wait we can learn something about the company simply by looking around.
I really enjoyed his visit and I think this should be more common because the best way to learn is to do it yourself or to see and hear the real example from the life.
The next step was to prepare our own CV. This is very important to have a good CV and covering letter ready as this is the first contact with the employer. We have been putting bits and pieces together to prepare this task. I know now that CV has to be simple but give the best impression and present me in the best possible way as the interviewer will just skim it, they don't read this through at the very beginning. I have to sell myself in few words.
I am satisfied from that exercise as I have learnt many useful skills and got some good tips.

No comments: